Conrail Caboose #21677
Chicago Burlington & Quincy NE-8 Wood Caboose #13903
Built by the Chicago Burlington & Quincy Railroad at their Aurora IL shops in 1917 for mainline service between Chicago and Denver. In later years it was reassigned to the Ottumwa Division for local service between West Burlington, IA and Lincoln, NE. The railroad finally retired the car in March 1974 and was used as a switch shanty at West Burlington, finally the car was sold into private ownership. Some of the details include: Fair roof and body, updated electrical, rare bolted pedestal trucks, wood construction, oil fired stove.