Illinois Central Coach Observation REDUCED
Built in 1946 by the Pullman Company for the Illinois Central Railroad as a 56 seat coach. Retired by IC and sold into private ownership, converted into an observation car for track inspections by removing the restroom at the blind end of the car and installing locomotive quality windows in the end sheet and end door. The main body of the car has one large room that can be used as a lounge/dining area (coach seats included with car or Seller can remove them), the main room is divided from the observation area but the bulkhead can be removed to create one large observation lounge. The vestibule end of the car is still equipped with the original restroom that could be converted into a bar/kitchen area and still have room for one restroom. The mechanical details include: Great body and roof, good side sills, thick wheels, 2/3 of the interior has been repainted, rebuilt windows, D-22 valves, car needs approx 30' of brake piping replaced (there is a passenger car repair company near by who can replace the brake pipe and prep the car for shipment, D/C electrical system with Waukesha generator and ice engine, H couplers, great bearings, cast shoes. This is a great car that could be converted into a table car, observation lounge or track inspection car.