Bangor & Aroostook Baggage/RPO #507
Built in 1901 by Jackson & Sharp for the Bangor & Aroostook Railroad as a Baggage/Railway Post Office car. #507 has a long career serving the BAR on inter city passenger service between Boston & Arrostook County. In the 1920's #507 received a steel underframe which extended is passenger service life into the 1950's. After the car was pulled from active service it was downgraded into a maintenance of way car and renumbered to X1054. After retirement from the BAR, the car was sold into private ownership. #507 is in good overall condition but will need restoration work on the roof and exterior siding. The car is able to continue being stored on at it current location and the seller is willing to assist in restoration or relocation of the car. Some of the mechanical details include: Wood exterior, steel underframe, friction bearings, original hardware, original interior, sharon couplers, open vestibules on both ends of car, cast shoes.